Arawa Park Hotel – Housekeeping Room Attendant
About the business
Arawa Park Hotel is part of EVENT Hospitality & Entertainment, a proudly a New Zealand & Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Auckland to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include, We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
The Room Attendant is a key member of the Housekeeping team responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms and public areas.
Your typical day will include some of the following:
- Service and clean public areas in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Service and clean guest rooms in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Handle all lost property with care and according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure to use all equipment and chemicals in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures as well as Health & Safety procedures.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
Benefits & perks
Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
50% off Accommodation, Food & Beverage at EVENT hotels – Independent collection, Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
$2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous Housekeeping experience in a hotel/resort environment will be beneficial however full training will be provided on-site.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Work together with trust and treat all guests and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect.
- Physical fitness to cope with a labor intensive operation