Atura Blacktown – Venue Manager
About the business
The Royal Cricketers Arms Hotel (RCA) is an iconic Blacktown Heritage Pub first licensed in 1880. The RCA has a following of loyal local customers with one of our main draw cards being the fact the venue does not have gaming. The venue boasts a relaxed outdoor setting with great food & beverage offerings and good old classic hospitality.
About the role
Excitingly, we are on the search for a professional, passionate and fun loving person to lead our dynamic Food and Beverage Team in the capacity of a Venue Manager.
The Venue Manager is a key role where you will be required to lead the team from the front & grow the business from its current position, with a focus on developing & rolling out new and exciting concepts that continue to wow our patrons.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- RSA – Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate is a must
- Previous experience in a busy pub setting at as a duty manager or above is preferable.
- Solid understanding of wage, beverage, food cost & cost control.
- Strong knowledge of wines, cocktails & beers
- Be able to bring new and fresh food and beverage concepts to life
- Experience in beverage ordering and maintaining stock records
- Hands on leader who can train & motivate the team
- Able to multitask and remain calm during peak service periods, while also able to give clear direction to the team
- Consistently deliver superior customer service
- Display a high level of professionalism whilst on duty with a “can do” attitude & positive outlook
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
This is an exciting role which will allow for further career growth opportunities in our company for the right candidate. Please note this is a salary role and only short list candidates will be contacted.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/