Atura Wellington – Front Office Duty Manager
About the business
Atura is a collection of urban, industrial and art inspired hotels, high on character, service and value, at Atura, we give you more. Our guests escape the humdrum and step into somewhere that’s always full of surprises. Atura is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
You will be joining our busy Front Office team. Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, you will assume responsibility to ensure the effective operations of the Front Office department on a day-to-day basis. This is a hands-on, full-time role, covering all areas of Front Office Operations as well as overseeing the hotel in the absence of senior management.
Tasks & responsibilities:
We are seeking a Food & Beverage Manager to lead and develop the team into a very exciting future. Play a major part in the development and expansion of all F&B and C&E areas of the hotel. Your day-to-day will be to;
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times, ensuring guests’ comfort, safety & privacy
- Maintain effective communication at all times, among the team and between departments
- Provide and assess reports, as required
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for extra management tasks, as required, in the absence of the Rooms Division Manager and General Manager
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Thorough local knowledge of Wellington, and the Wellington Region
- Ability to work shift work which involves various shifts including evenings and weekends
- Able to get a General Managers certificate
- Have at least 1 year Front Office Experience
- Preferably have experience in using Opera PMS
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/