Bacchus Restaurant & Bar – Chef de Cuisine
About the business
Bacchus Restaurant and Bar is an award winning Fine Dining Restaurant and Wine bar at South Bank Brisbane. Our menus are a celebration of Australian produce, seasonally and responsibly sourced. An impressive wine list of more than 700 bins is complemented by unmmatched service delivering a truly memorable dining experience.
About the role
Chef De Cuisine presents a rare opportunity for a professional at the peak of their game to lead a likeminded team in this iconic Brisbane venue. With acutely refined cooking abilities, organisational techniques, and interpersonal skills, this will be your chance to make your mark on an established and well respected brand. The position requires a results-driven kitchen leader who is motivated and embraces challenge. Bacchus Restaurant is open for Dinner only Wednesday to Saturday, with a focus on degustation style dining utilising the best and most unique products available.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day operation of the kitchen team
- Be hands on and lead by example
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and key stakeholders to develop, evolve and innovate menus across service periods to ensure the venue is always exceeding guest expectations
- Build and nurture relationships with suppliers to ensure access to the finest produce available
- Ensure the business achieves its financial and operational goals through cost control procedures and management
- Ensure standards and procedures are maintained in the kitchen
- Oversee on-boarding, training and development of Bacchus kitchen staff
- Foster a culture of inclusion, innovation and excellence, ensuring people have the support, skills and tools to excel in their roles and grow
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience at a Sous Chef or higher level
- Hatted or Michelin star experience is highly desirable
- Advanced culinary skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in all sections of the kitchen
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to detail
- Overall, a desire to create and serve beautiful cuisine
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Completion of cookery apprenticeship
- Food Safety Supervisor
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/