Esplanade Fremantle by Rydges -Housekeeping Supervisor
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Esplanade Fremantle by Rydges
Make your mark with Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges. With a rich history dating back to 1850, the hotel is an iconic landmark in Western Australia, offering guests an environment that is as rich, warm and sophisticated as the port city itself. Are you ready to be part of history?
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced full-time Senior Supervisor that will be the second-in-charge of our Housekeeping Department to join our team here at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges. Reporting directly to the Housekeeping Manager, this position will be responsible for managing and leading the housekeeping team, delivering the housekeeping benchmarks, driving guest satisfaction and employee engagement, and taking charge of the overall housekeeping operations. It is therefore important that the successful candidate has proven experience as a leader in a similar position or is currently a supervisor leading an existing team and looking to step up in their career.
- Ensuring that your team is cleaning and ensuring the appearance of the property, the guest rooms and hotel public areas are of the highest standards.
- Establishing and implementing operational procedures and standards.
- Managing the hiring, rostering and performance of employees which includes room attendants, public area cleaners and houseman.
- Training and mentoring your team.
- Implements guidelines, policies, and procedures for their operating departments (room attendants, public areas, houseman) and monitoring the team.
- Be an integral part of the business team, attends all scheduled meetings and contributes actively with proper preparation.
- Planning and coordinating the activities of the housekeeping team.
- Inspecting all assigned areas to ensure standards are met and maintained.
- Setting and adhering to budget controls.
- Ordering inventory.
- Ensure guest supplies and advertising material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished to the correct standards for the room type.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure that the hotel is well presented.
- Understand and ensure the safe usage and storage of cleaning/chemical agents in line with health & safety regulations and manufacturer’s instructions.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A fast learner who is comfortable working unsupervised
- Someone who is physically fit, who will also go the extra mile to provide a memorable guest experience.
- Previous experience essential.
- Reliability & availability to work during the week, weekends, and public holidays.
- Clear communicator – ability to speak, understand, read & write in English.
- Experience with utilizing Opera and Optii is highly desirable but not essential.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.