Esplanade Fremantle by Rydges – Wedding & Events Coordinator
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Esplanade Fremantle by Rydges
Make your mark with Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges. With a rich history dating back to 1850, the hotel is an iconic landmark in Western Australia, offering guests an environment that is as rich, warm and sophisticated as the port city itself. Are you ready to be part of history?
About the role
The Weddings & Events Coordinator ensures all Hotel events are coordinated in a timely and accurate manner to achieve a successful outcome for the client and the Hotel.
- Proactively secure new Weddings & Social Event business by competently providing proposals and contracts.
- Provide event orders and floor plans along with all relevant information to the operational areas and clients.
- To liaise with the Sales & Marketing team members and Conference & Events Sales Manger regarding all aspects of each event.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Follow all procedures with regard to deposits and payment schedules for all event bookings and special event bookings.
- To complete the Weekly Distribution in conjunction with other Event Coordinators.
- To conduct site inspections including clients and third party suppliers as required for coordination of events.
- To attend all relevant Sales, operations and administrative meetings.
- To communicate with Reservations regarding room blocks.
- To meet and greet conference organiser or client in conjunction with the Banquet Operations Manager or Supervisor on the client’s arrival/first day of event to finalise details.
- To perform any other reasonable duties and tasks as directed by Management.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 6 months Hospitality sales and event coordination experience.
- Proficient use of sales software (e.g. iVvy)
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.