Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges – Assistant Manager
Are you a charismatic individual with a CAN DO attitude? If so, we are looking for someone just like you! The iconic Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges is currently seeking an Assistant Manager – Bar & Restaurant (Marine Lounge Bar and Atrium Garden Restaurant) to join the team!
About the business
With a rich history dating back to 1850 the hotel is an iconic landmark in Western Australia. The hotel offers 300 spacious refurbished rooms across ten different room categories, two pools, multiple conferencing & event spaces, as well as a restaurant and three different bars.
Our iconic location means our guests can savour the culture and tradition of Fremantle one of WA’s premier tourist destinations when staying with us. The hotel site has been established since 1850 and the hotel pays tribute to the rich history of our building, whilst incorporating references to Fremantle as an iconic port city, creating an environment that is rich, warm and sophisticated for business and leisure travellers alike.
About The Role
The role will encompass in a 2IC role as the assistant manager managing and supervising the food and beverage operations of the lobby bar (Marine Lounge Bar) as well as the buffet breakfast restaurant (Atrium Garden Restaurant).
This role is full time at 38-hours a week and will require full availability across 7-days. Ideally, looking for a demonstrated leader with minimum 6 months experience in a similar role, or a candidate that has been a senior person in their current team and is looking to step up. You should be able to work autonomously with little supervision, be driven and demonstrate initiative.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Serving guests food and drinks.
- Making barista coffees, cocktails – the whole lot.
- Leading a team of up to 15 staff at a time.
- Overseeing the Atrium Garden Restaurant, Marine Lounge Bar and Room Service operations.
- Coordinating and running events in the private sections of Harbour Master and Calisto PDR.
- Opening/closing procedures including cash up and reporting duties.
- Controlling COGS and payroll through effective Rostering and Menu Engineering/Development.
- Implementing internal controls and policies (e.g. SOPs).
- Ensuring service is executed to the highest standard whilst keeping staff motivated.
- Training and developing the team.
- Attending meetings as necessary.
- Maintaining awareness of hotel-wide and Freo events.
Benefits & perks
Due to the nature of our hotel having multiple departments and outlets, it will be an amazing opportunity for candidates that has never worked in a hotel environment before to experience intricacies of not only being a hotelier, but of how multiple departments can come together to produce an amazing product. Cross-training opportunities will be provided which will endow you with a wholesome hospitality experience across various F&B offerings as well as Sales, Administration, Conferencing & Events.
On top of that, all of our assistant managers will be placed into our HOD mentorship program where you will groomed into becoming a Venue Manager once day – learning the importance business facets such as P&Ls, budgeting, rostering etc.
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
To be short listed for these great roles, you will need to possess the following skills:
- Energetic, motivated and efficient at multi-tasking while working independently.
- Minimum 3 years F&B experience.
- Multi-outlet experience is highly desirable.
- Able to think out of the box with problem solving skill.
- Honest, punctual, reliable and physically fit.
- Able to work both autonomously and within a team.
- Well groomed and professionally presentable.
- Be revenue focused and cost control attentive, always be seeking new ways to improve turnover and reduce cost to generate greater profit.
- Availability to work weekends and public holidays on a rotating roster when required.
- Clear communicator – ability to speak, understand, read & write in English.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/