Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges – Housekeeping Manager
About the business
With a rich history dating back to 1850 the hotel is an iconic landmark in Western Australia. The hotel offers 300 spacious refurbished rooms across ten different room categories, two pools, multiple conferencing & event spaces, as well as a restaurant and three different bars.
Our iconic location means our guests can savour the culture and tradition of Fremantle one of WA’s premier tourist destinations when staying with us. The hotel site has been established since 1850 and the hotel pays tribute to the rich history of our building, whilst incorporating references to Fremantle as an iconic port city, creating an environment that is rich, warm and sophisticated for business and leisure travellers alike.
About the role
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, General Manager and part of the Senior Management team, this position is responsible for managing and leading the housekeeping team, delivering the housekeeping benchmarks and overall housekeeping operations in accordance with our high standards. It is therefore important that the successful candidate has proven experience as a leader in a Housekeeping position, in addition to excellent customer service skills and a passion for working with people.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that your team is cleaning and maintaining the guest rooms and hotel public areas to our highest standards.
- Establishing and implementing operational procedures and standards.
- Managing the hiring of, rostering and performance of employees.
- Training and mentoring your team.
- Planning and coordinating the activities of the housekeeping team.
- Inspecting all assigned areas to ensure standards are met and maintained.
- Setting and adhering to budget controls.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure that the hotel is presented well.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A Professional attitude.
- Extensive leadership experience
- Previous experience in a previous position.
- A hands-on approach to work.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.maintain an acceptable standard of room presentation and cleanliness of all public areas at all times.
- Knowledge of Optikeeper preferred but not essential
- Competency with OPERA PMS
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/