Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges – Housekeeping Supervisor
About the business
With a rich history dating back to 1850 the hotel is an iconic landmark in Western Australia. The hotel offers 300 spacious refurbished rooms across ten different room categories, two pools, multiple conferencing & event spaces, as well as a restaurant and three different bars.
Our iconic location means our guests can savour the culture and tradition of Fremantle one of WA’s premier tourist destinations when staying with us. The hotel site has been established since 1850 and the hotel pays tribute to the rich history of our building, whilst incorporating references to Fremantle as an iconic port city, creating an environment that is rich, warm and sophisticated for business and leisure travellers alike.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced full-time Senior Supervisor that will be the second-in-charge of our Housekeeping Department to join our team here at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges. Reporting directly to the Housekeeping Manager, this position will be responsible for managing and leading the housekeeping team, delivering the housekeeping benchmarks, driving guest satisfaction and employee engagement, and taking charge of the overall housekeeping operations. It is therefore important that the successful candidate has proven experience as a leader in a similar position, or is currently a supervisor leading an existing team and looking to step up in their career.
- Ensuring that your team is cleaning and ensuring the appearance of the property, the guest rooms and hotel public areas are of the highest standards.
- Establishing and implementing operational procedures and standards.
- Managing the hiring, rostering and performance of employees which includes room attendants, public area cleaners and houseman.
- Training and mentoring your team.
- Implements guidelines, policies, and procedures for their operating departments (room attendants, public areas, houseman) and monitoring the team.
- Be an integral part of the business team, attends all scheduled meetings and contributes actively with proper preparation
- Planning and coordinating the activities of the housekeeping team.
- Inspecting all assigned areas to ensure standards are met and maintained.
- Setting and adhering to budget controls.
- Ordering inventory.
- Ensure guest supplies and advertising material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished to the correct standards for the room type.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure that the hotel is well presented.
- Understand and ensure the safe usage and storage of cleaning/chemical agents in line with health & safety regulations and manufacturer’s instructions.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A fast learner who is comfortable working unsupervised
- Someone who is physically fit, who will also go the extra mile to provide a memorable guest experience.
- Previous experience essential.
- Reliability & availability to work during the week, weekends, and public holidays.
- Clear communicator – ability to speak, understand, read & write in English.
- Experience with utilizing Opera and Optii is highly desirable but not essential.
- To be successful in this sought after position, you will have excellent attention to detail, good communication skills, proven experience within a quality establishment, and above all else, pride yourself on ability to deliver cleanliness to the property.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/