Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges – Sous Chef
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Esplanade Fremantle by Rydges
Make your mark with Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges. With a rich history dating back to 1850, the hotel is an iconic landmark in Western Australia, offering guests an environment that is as rich, warm and sophisticated as the port city itself. Are you ready to be part of history?
About the role
We are seeking an experienced full time Sous chef for our kitchen to join our passionate and ever expanding team.
- Confidently handle a busy service.
- Be a great mentor to other members of our team, while being able to work under pressure
- Efficiently and effectively manage your time.
- Show up to work with a positive, professional and happy attitude.
- Maintain a clean and professional work space.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures.
- Cook and present high quality food.
- Operate within a culture of respect.
- Effectively and professionally troubleshoot operational problems with the head chef.
- Be able to manage the shift including payroll.
- Washing dishes/pots/pans/cutlery, food preparation & general kitchen duties
- You will be required to work weekends. Punctuality, reliability and being initiative are the key traits we look for.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- 2 year experience in a similar role
- Confident in managing COGS and is familiar with costings.
- Be able to order stock and manage inventory.
- Have a Food Safety Supervisor certificate and is familiar with all HACCP requirements.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.