EVT Hotels & Resorts – Project Engineer (Melbourne Based)
About the business
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. There are lots of opportunities across our range of celebrated brands, spanning Entertainment, Ventures and Travel.
At EVT we believe it’s more than just a job, with Elevate Perks our team members and their families get to enjoy a great range of discounts across our experiences. In a world of cookie cutter experiences, here at EVT we believe in a mindset that is all about changing the game. Because while our customers come from different walks of life, they all share one thing in common, the desire for stand-out experiences that escape the ordinary. It’s why we are constantly adding new dimensions to all we do. Bringing people together in fresh and original ways across Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. Our 70+ hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our Hotel Engineering & FM team.
Responsible for all technical and engineering aspects of assigned projects to assure accuracy, resource adequacy, and quality from start to finish. You will oversee all aspects of an assigned project, including planning, scoping, budgeting, execution, close out and also providing feedback to all team members by facilitating effective communication throughout project milestones.
Assigned projects will give you exposure to a wide range of engineering specialties such as Mechanical/HVAC, Fire protection, Electrical, Hydraulic, BMS systems and other technical projects that any of our owned Hotels may need assistance with. This role requires effective communication and management of key stakeholders such as Engineering/BCA consultants, contractors, building surveyors and property managers. You will be responsible to ensure the project is executed according to the scope of works, within budget and stablished timeframe/program.
If you’re energetic, empowered, technical, optimistic and come with a can-do attitude you’ll be a great fit.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary or post graduate qualification in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred by not essential), Project Management or a related discipline, equivalent industry or organisational experience.
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer.
- Engineering or project management experience in a hospitality setting
- Demonstrated project management experience in areas such as HVAC, Fire protection, electrical, hydraulics and related building services.
- Extensive experience and understanding of building’s operational requirements of HVAC, Fire protection, Electrical, Plumbing/Gas and related essential building services.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards, regulations, best practices and performance standards including but not limited to the NCC, Australian Standards, council regulations etc.
- Skills and experience in developing technical and project engineering scope of works
- Asset lifecycle analysis experience & Asset financial planning and budgeting experience.
- Experience with engineering software such as CAD, MS Project and Advanced MS Office skills.
- You have extensive experience with the following:
- read, understand and analyse Engineering floor plans and other technical documents;
- interpret fire engineering solutions and engineering technical specifications;
- identify, manage and seek resolution to building defects;
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
- prioritize and organize;
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement;
- follow directions thoroughly and accurately;
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team;
- work with minimal supervision;
EVT Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company
Include your resume & cover letter highlighting your relevant skills & experience as outlined in the criteria listed above.