EVT Hotels & Resorts – Sales Coordinator
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About the role
We are seeking a sales enthusiast ready to embrace a new opportunity as part of a a luxe hotel within the EVT Independent Collection in Sydney. You will be an amazing communicator, pride yourself on versatility and be confident in your abilities & passion for hotel sales & customer service. In this versatile role, you will support the hotel sales team, coordinating sales activities as required in a manner that is befitting of the brand.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide daily administration support to sales team, assisting with contracts, rate distribution, amenities, reporting & database management.
- Communicate effectively, to target markets, the amenities and benefits of the hotel, including hotel developments, food and beverage venues, meetings and events, conducting Hotels site inspections with clients where required.
- Support the development of promotional activities and the production of marketing materials for specific events, tradeshows & product updates.
- Stay abreast of the market to identify trends & opportunities ensuring we stay ahead of the game, pre-empting & exceeding consumer expectations
- Manage a client portfolio in collaboration with Business Development Manager, building long term relationships with new and existing clients.
- Keep on top of hotel arrivals & happenings to support unique, personalised experiences for our guests, account management and new business development.
- Work with all hotel departments to ensure opportunities are optimized at every stage of the guest experience
- Proactively identify and act upon new business opportunities for wider EVT brand.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience in a hotel sales role
- Tertiary qualifications in Events or Hospitality/Tourism preferred
- Good team player & motivator, positive & proactive, strong communication and a can-do attitude
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Excellent administrative skills including proofreading and attention to detail
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines whilst staying calm under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills both written and verbal
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers