EVT Hotels & Resorts – Venue Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Venue Manager for a hotel within the EVT’s Independent Collection in Sydney.
Reporting directly to the Group F&B Manager, the Venue Manager challenges our expectations and brings new and exciting ideas to create exceptional guest experiences across our amazing spaces.
- Driving revenue and the overall guest experience through a hands on approach.
- Creating the ultimate atmosphere with a detailed approach in all aspects of operating the business.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management & leadership of the team of the outlet. This encompassing rostering, forecasting, activations along with planning events and promotions, seasonal cocktail menu creation and roll out, and plenty more.
- Maintain and assist on the beverage and food menu development in conjunction with EVT seasonal changes.
- Foster a positive working culture by developing the team through employee training both internal and external.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Excellent food and wine knowledge.
- Immaculate presentation and advanced communication skills.
- You will enjoy being hands on during service.
- Passion for delivering service excellence.
- Team player with a hands on attitude.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.