EVT HQ – Hotel Solutions Specialist – Opera/ORS
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. There are lots of opportunities across our range of celebrated brands, spanning Entertainment, Ventures and Travel.
At EVT we believe it’s more than just a job, with Elevate Perks our team members and their families get to enjoy a great range of discounts across our experiences. In a world of cookie cutter experiences, here at EVT we believe in a mindset that is all about changing the game. Because while our customers come from different walks of life, they all share one thing in common, the desire for stand-out experiences that escape the ordinary. It’s why we are constantly adding new dimensions to all we do. Bringing people together in fresh and original ways across Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. Our 70+ hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
We are looking for a Hotel Solutions Specialist – Opera/ORS to join our EVT Hotels & Resorts IT team.
This role will be part of the Hotel Solutions team for all hotels in the EVT portfolio and mainly consists of support, maintenance and management of EVT’s Oracle Opera5 software solutions and other related solutions including but not limited to:
- Resolving issues and liaising with third parties to escalate issues where necessary
- Identifying, documenting and reporting software modifications
- Liaising with developers through testing and implementation of these modifications
- Testing fixes, patches and new software versions.
This is a hands on role, which may require some travel throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience within the hospitality industry using Oracle’s Opera5 Property Management System and/or Reservation System (ORS) as a user or in a hotel IT function
- Ability to work unsupervised and autonomously as part of a remote team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to multitask and priorities workloads
- Able to travel between Australia and New Zealand as required
Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving
- Hybrid working arrangement available
Include your resume & cover letter highlighting your relevant skills & experience as outlined in the criteria listed above.