When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Safety, The Safety Advisor works collaboratively with the Risk Team across the EVT Group to assist in driving a culture that supports a commitment to health, safety and well-being of our employees and customers with a focus on implementation and maintenance of best practice processes and procedures including trend analysis, reporting, training and other initiatives to prevent workplace incidents and injuries and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This role works across a range of areas including but not limited to; health and safety, risk management, staff training and policy development. This role directly supports the Risk Team in the coordination, development and effective operation of Hotel division.
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of WHS strategies, plans, policies and procedures in collaboration with the Risk Team.
- Assist with management of the Group’s safety platform (Donesafe), ensuring incidents, accidents, hazards are recorded and reporting requirements are met.
- Assist in follow-up of incidents, hazards and injury management processes where required.
- Assist in providing training and upskilling users on functionality of the reporting platform.
- Assist in developing, delivering and implementing WHS formal training (Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”) and Video SOPs) as part of induction and ongoing training programs.
- Interpret and practically apply WHS legislation, codes of practice and industry standards for each state of operation in Australia and in New Zealand.
Benefits & perks
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – QT, Rydges, Atura, Lylo and more.
$2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Strategic focus on sustainable design, sustainable practices & procurement and transparency and reporting.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills essential.
- Completed (or willing to complete) relevant minimum qualification/s including Cert IV Work Health & Safety, Cert IV in Compliance and Risk Management, Dip of Quality Auditing, Lead ICAM Investigator.
- Advanced administrative skills (including Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Willing to undertake periodic site visits including interstate travel as required.
- Experience in risk and / or WHS audits desirable.
- Working knowledge of video editing software desirable.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers