EVT NZ – Accounts Clerk
Are you looking for a career in the hotel industry? Do you have a passion for finance, excellent written and oral communication skills, fastidious attention to detail and endless enthusiasm? Then we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking an indivdual who has had some experience in a similar role and preferrably prior hotel experience, including the Opera Property Management System.
Based in Auckland the position of Accounts Clerk is a very “hands on” role working closely with the team at the hotel and Area Financial Controller
Key responsibilities include involvement with all below functions at various levels:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- General Cashiering
- Prepare the daily banking sheets and balance the banking in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure all cash is sent to the bank promptly.
- Enter all receipts into Property Management System.
- Reconciliation and balancing of petty cash.
- Reconciliation and balancing of floats.
- To ensure that every invoice submitted for payment has been authorised by the appropriate department manager and General Manager.
- To ensure invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner (ie daily); the arithmetic accuracy of all invoices submitted for payment.
- To review accuracy of invoice coding and communicate any concerns to the Financial Controller
- To process all invoices through the computerised accounts system in a timely manner.
- To produce weekly (if required) and monthly supplier payments in the accounting system; reconciling all payments with supplier statements and/or invoices and providing all supporting documentation for the payment to the Financial Controller
- To raise ad hoc EFT or Cheque payments and send payments after attaching the required support documentation and acquiring the required authorisation.
- To enter approved foreign currency invoices into the international payment systems, for review and authorisation.
- Add new suppliers into XMPRO.
- Ensure supplier details are up to date, especially bank details.
- Ensure any debtor payments (cash, bank transfers etc.) received are posted, applied correctly and banked promptly.
- Create and control all Hotel credit accounts ensuring that all applications for credit are processed according to the established Hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure debtors details are up to date and correct, especially the billing address.
- Perform a final check, transfer and send all invoices to individuals and companies who have outstanding balances with the Hotel.
- Contact and collect funds from individuals and companies whose accounts have exceeded the time limitations outlined in the credit arrangement with the hotel, which is 14 days. Communicate any concerns to the Financial Controller
- Review on a timely basis, the open folios and communicate to the Financial Controller any overdue accounts.
- Ensure to follow the credit terms of the hotel at all times.
- Promptly reconcile all client and credit card inquiries.
- Regularly reconcile and apply payments to the credit card debtor accounts.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of all hotel credit accounts.
- Send out monthly statements to clients.
Other key requirements for the role include :
- A passion for the hospitality industry
- Proven experience in and commitment to achieving high standards
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- Be an Australian or New Zealander or permanent resident of New Zealand, or have an appropriate visa enabling you to work in New Zealand
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with a hunger to learn
Only successful candidates will be contacted.