Finance, Accounting & Procurement | Listed 08 March
EVT NZ – Assistant Accountant
We are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join our EVT family.
This role is based at QT Wellington and is will be assisting in covering properties across New Zealand.
We require an individual who has completed a tertiary level qualification at a recognised institution in Accounting/Commerce/Hospitality/Business and who has experience in a similar role.
The position of Assistant Accountant is a very “hands on” role working closely with the Area Financial Controller and onsite managers.
Key responsibilities include all the below functions at the hotel :
- Monthly financial and management reporting
- Management of the general ledger eg bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Cashiering consolidation
- Payroll – including the associated reporting
- Forecasting and Budgets
- Weekly and adhoc reporting
- And much more…….
To be considered for the for the position you should have :
- A passion for the hospitality industry and must have previous experience in hotel finance
- Proven experience in and commitment to achieving high standards
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- Be an Australian or New Zealander or permanent resident of New Zealand
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with a hunger to learn
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.