Rydges Fortitude Valley – Bar Manager
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About Paddock Bar
Situated across from the Brisbane Showgrounds and in the up and coming King Street precinct, Paddock Bar is currently looking for a driven Superstar to oversee our refurb and rebrand. Being located across from the RNA showgrounds Paddock Bar becomes festival central throughout the year as well as a focal point for the Royal International Convention Centre and their many events throughout the year.
Benefits and perks
Rydges Hotels provides its employees with opportunities to develop their skills and grow a career within the company. If you want to work for a trusted brand with dedicated and friendly hospitality professionals, while accessing fantastic benefits including a variety of discounts with Rydges Hotels such as:
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, Lilo and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
About the role
Paddock Bar is on the lookout for a passionate Bar Manager to oversee a planned Refurb and rebrand.
We are looking for a driven individual, who wishes to take on a project and make it there own.
You will be an integral part of achieving the outlets goals and creating a vibe that has people coming back for more.
Reporting directly into the Food & Beverage Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of passionate food and beverage professionals.
As part of the larger EVT group, career progress and incentives are an added bonus.
We look forward to your application!!
The successful applicant will possess
- Play an integral role in the growth and development of the Food & Beverage outlets being abreast of current industry trends and developments
- High level of Beer, Wine and cocktail knowledge
- A demonstrated love for food and beverage and the hospitality industry
- Lead by example with a proactive and “hands-on” approach
- Ability to thrive under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Current RSA & RMLV certificates
- Strong knowledge on how to read and analyse financial results, profit outcomes and budgeting. This includes the ability to report and be part of weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports – COGS, Payroll analysis, P&L Reports
- A people person with a growth mindset and the ability to create a positive and proactive team culture
Ability to work in conjunction with the Sales team to plan appropriate marketing positioning and strategies for the Bar.