Hotel Alba Adelaide – Bar Manager
About the business
The epitome of understated urban charm, this is the metropolitan moment you’ve been waiting for.
At Hotel Alba, we make urban feel like a holiday. This new 99 guest room urban oasis hotel is located right in the heart of South Terrace. Staying here is for those seeking something a little more laid back than luxury. Relaxed-upscale…they just don’t make them like Alba anymore.
Opening August 2023 we launch ela at Hotel Alba.
Open air indulgence, a Mediterranean mood and your invitation to the sunnier side of life.
Adding the exclamation point to Hotel Alba’s resort-style haven, ela is Adelaide’s new Mediterranean inspired dining concept. Basking lavishly at the heart of the South Terrace Precinct, ela beckons you in to dip, sip and soiree with us.
ela at Hotel Alba effortlessly changes from splashy daytime delights to elevated evenings spent with family and friends. Whether poolside or inside, on the menu you’ll find ingredients sourced from the local land and sea, and flavours inspired from across the expansive Mediterranean sea.
About the role
We are on the HUNT for a skilled and driven Bar Manager to join our opening team and lead the team in this awesome new bar.
Our focus is on creating and delivering exceptional experiences for our guests. You will report into the Food & Beverage Manager who’s ethos is all about delivering an “always sunny” vibe.
In your role you will manage the day to day operations of the bar which includes an expansive outdoor pool space – perfect for functions and summertime get togethers.
This is a hands on role and requires a can do approach with flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experiences
- Skilled bar professional – you LOVE mixing drinks and educating both staff and guests on the best wine or whiskey on offer
- A passion for hospitality and customer service
- Previous bar experience essential
- Strong business acumen and financial management skills
- Event management experience ideal
- Excellent organisational, communication and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of current trends in food, beer, wine and spirits
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.