Hotel Totto – Bar Manager
About the Business
Hotel Totto, in the heart of Wollongong, is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the Role
Hotel TOTTO Wollongong is seeking an experienced Bar Manager / Supervisor with a passion for driving the highest of standards inside the venue which is due to open early December.
Hotel TOTTO Wollongong is a medium to large size hotel consisting of 150 guest rooms along with our bar and restaurant – this role requires individuals who are operationally confident and understand a hands-on roll. Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for efficient running of a shift, maintaining operational standards and delivering quality service for each of our guests and to the local community.
- Responsible for shift operations and staff allocation.
- Monitors shift payroll and efficiencies.
- Has a strong knowledge of the local dining scene.
- Maintains stock presentation and control across various outlets.
- Handles complaints so that it leaves customers satisfied and impressed.
- Happily participates in all operations of the Restaurant, Bars and In-Room Dining.
- Constantly motivate staff and exudes positivity and passion on what we offer.
Skills & Experience
- Proven previous experience in a similar role and proven leadership experience.
- Has a focus on growing and developing a team of passionate restaurant and hotel people.
- Professional and personable, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
- You’re pre-equipped with sound decision making and problem-solving skills, especially under pressure.
- You hold a current NSW RSA.
- Must have the appropriate legal requirements to work in Australia.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Outstanding cocktail and spirit knowledge, sided with speed and precision.
Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company