Hotel Totto – Chef
About the business
Hotel Totto is part of the EVT Independent Collection. EVT is a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you.
About the role
BASTA ~ An Italian inspired dining experience, located in the stylishly refurbished Hotel TOTTO. Positioned in the heart of Wollongong, Basta is the coolest new restaurant in town. It’s the perfect balance of trendy atmosphere and exceptional food. Showcasing a brand new woodfire pizza oven, Basta plans to make a big impact on the local foodie scene. This Chef role unlocks a world of possibilities.
Basta is a standalone venue that will make a name for itself as being a ‘must dine at’ venue however this exciting opportunity has more on offer!
Basta is located inside Hotel TOTTO Wollongong– EVT’s newest hotel to open. The hotel features 150 accommodation rooms where it invites guests to dine in Basta restaurant or take delight in enjoying delicious fare through the comforts of in-room dining.
We are on the hunt for a casual Chef who is hungry to make a superstar name for themselves in the industry.
Let’s see if you’ll fit right in, as one of our Chef’s, you will:
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times
- Demonstrate responsibility, management and ownership of your assigned Kitchen section
- Ensure all food production is in line with hotel standards
- Ensure the consistent delivery of quality, well-presented food to our customers
- Demonstrate a working understanding of food, hygiene and safety principles, ensuring compliance at all times
- Meet all hygiene and WHS requirements·
- Be hands-on and loves spending your time in the kitchen as you are food obsessed and everyone needs to taste your food
- A visionary who can create concept and execute on a whole other next level!
- Be a ‘Daymaker’ by making the day better for ourselves, our customers, our team, our company and our community. Strive to be better than yesterday, every day!
- Love our values! Empowerment – Possibilities and Community.
- Drive Workplace Health & Safety, and the Food Safety Supervisor compliance and standards
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience:
- A background in cooking Italian is a preferred
- Previous experience as a Chef is a MUST!
- Knowledgeable across all dining periods including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Excellent communication skills
- WH&S & FSS – Sound knowledge & thorough understanding of compliance, kitchen safety, and overall legislation
- Encyclopedic knowledge of food & cooking techniques
- Immaculate presentation and passionate customer service advocate
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/