Hotel Totto – Head Chef
About the Business
Hotel Totto, in the heart of Wollongong, is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the Role
Due to re-open in December after undergoing a refurbishment, a rare opportunity has come about for a natural born leader who can bring creativity, passion, and strong leadership to the wider team as the Head Chef.
The successful candidate will lead the hotel Italian restaurant and bar concept- Basta.
Keeping within the guide of maintaining a restaurant & bar approach to Basta and A La Carte approach to breakfast, the rest lies with the creativity of the individual.
This is a hands on role which requires an individual to step in and step up to all occasions and to drive the overall guest experience with delicious food.
- Responsible for rostering and recruitment, mentoring, training and development for both kitchen employees and FOH employees.
- Responsible for purchasing and stock control, conducting month-end stock takes with weekly tracking.
- Accurately cost all dishes for all menus across the hotel.
- Drive a seasonal change in menus across the hotel.
- WH&S & FSS – Sound knowledge & thorough understanding of compliance, kitchen safety, and overall legislation.
- Ability to lead a team with a hands on approach to problem solving.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of food & cooking techniques.
- This senior role requires an individual who can drive and develop the team with a positive attitude, focusing on driving a professional culture in the workplace.
Skills & Experience
- Previous head chef / Italian concept experience is preferred.
- The Ability to handle high stress, high pressure situations.
- Immaculate presentation and advanced communication skills.
If this sounds like you and you are ready for your career with EVT, please forward cover letter and CV to: [email protected]
Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company