JUCY Snooze Queenstown – Room Attendant
About the business
JUCY Snooze part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
To be an amazing Room Attendant at JUCY Snooze, not only will you be responsible for the day-to-day professional and efficient cleaning of guest rooms and public areas, but you will also have an infectious friendly manner that greets our customers and answers any questions they might have when you bump into them in the corridors.
Your day-today duties will be to;
- Take direction from Supervisor and/or Assistant Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Converse with and acknowledge guests in a professional manner as they move through the hotel.
- Attend to guest requests and/or comments in a timely manner and ensure to communicate any problems with the Supervisor.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities and services in order to promote the hotel and also to answer any queries from guests.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as EVT.
- Ensure to use all equipment and chemicals in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures as well as Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment.
- Report any and all maintenance issues immediately to ensure speedy repairs.
- Collects dirty linen and rubbish bags from floors and then place these in the correct area in preparation of laundry pickup.
- Ensure that service areas are fully stocked, clean and tidy at all times.
- Service and clean public areas in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Service and clean guest rooms in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Clean air conditioning vents and filters throughout the hotel on a regular basis.
- Rotate mattresses regularly and keep accurate record of these rotations.
- Restock trolleys/baskets daily or as needed and in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure linen, guest supplies, cleaning materials and equipment is stored, stocked and used in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Report any and all unusual, different or abnormal situations seen in or around the hotel straightaway.
- Look out for and report any potential health and safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Handle all lost property with care and according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to cost control through energy conservation, correct storage of all materials and use of equipment as per operation standards and manufacturer’s specifications. Room Attendant Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow the hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programs.
This role will report to the Housekeeping Supervisor / Assistant Manager
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including our cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here (https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/)
Skills & experience
- Trustworthy, punctual and a positive attitude.
- Physical fitness to cope with a labor-intensive operation.
- An eye for detail is important to make a flawless room.
- Work together as a team with trust and treat all guests and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect.