Kennigo Hotel Brisbane – Guest Service Agent
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About Kennigo Hotel Brisbane
Nestled in the leafy streets of Fortitude Valley, just a stone’s throw from the Brisbane CBD, Kennigo Hotel offers the perfect balance of homely comforts and cosmopolitan flair. Now’s the time to elevate your career in a place brimming with opportunities, and be part of crafting memorable guest experiences.
About the role
We are on the hunt for talented individuals who possess that little special something and want to be a part of something special!
- Guest Service Agent where you will based on the front desk welcoming and farewell our guests during check in and check out
- Permanent Part-Time position
- Shift work to suit a flexible lifestyle
- Receiving & processing reservations for all hotel facets
- Auditing and reconciling
- Checking guests in & out and everything in between
- Meeting/greeting all guests & answering the telephone
- Offering & promoting products/services to guests/potential guests
- Attending to guest requests
- Providing F&B back-up support to other departments as required
- Undertaking general clerical, cleaning & administrative duties.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous hotel experience
- Be guest obsessed and continually look for ways to add value to our customer experience and prioritizing our guests needs as this is our every day business goals
- A self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
- Enjoy working a flexible roster including shift work, mornings, afternoons/evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Able to work shift work where the rostered shift times are;
- 07:30-15:30 | 15:30-23:30 | 11:00-19:00 | 16:00 – 21:00 for Front Office
- Your true passion is hotels, where you would have worked before in either a 4/5 star establishment with either Opera or Fidelio being your rock;
- Warm, friendly, engaging & positive personality
- Superb organisational skills & attention to detail
- Exemplary communication & interpersonal skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multi task in a busy environment
- Ability to work autonomously & as part of a cohesive team
- Efficient, reliable, takes initiative & displays strong problem solving skills
- Experience with property management systems & point of sale is desirable.
- Be impeccably groomed with a smile that lights up the room!
- Hold a current RSA and First Aid Certificate is preferred
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.