Kennigo Hotel Brisbane – Guest Service Agent
About the business
Kennigo Hotel Brisbane is nestled in the leafy streets of Spring Hill, just a stone’s throw from the Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley Nightlife District, Kennigo Hotel Brisbane offers a truly remarkable place in time. It’s the perfect balance of understated elegance and cosmopolitan flair, and you’ll fit right in.
Kennigo Hotel is part of EVT, Australia’s premier entertainment, hospitality and leisure company. We are a proud Australian company with over 100 years of operation within the Entertainment and Hospitality sectors in Australia and New Zealand. With more than 70 hotels, 150 cinemas, and 8000 staff, EVT includes brands such as EVENT Cinemas, BCC Cinemas, Rydges Hotels & Resorts, QT Hotels & Resorts, The State Theatre, Thredbo Alpine Resort, Atura Hotels and Edge Digital Technology.
About the role
We are on the hunt for talented individuals who possess that little special something and want to be a part of something special!
- Guest Service Agent where you will based on the front desk welcoming and farewell our guests during check in and check out
- Permanent Part-Time position
- Shift work to suit a flexible lifestyle
- Receiving & processing reservations for all hotel facets
- Auditing and reconciling
- Checking guests in & out and everything in between
- Meeting/greeting all guests & answering the telephone
- Offering & promoting products/services to guests/potential guests
- Attending to guest requests
- Providing F&B back-up support to other departments as required
- Undertaking general clerical, cleaning & administrative duties.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Be guest obsessed and continually look for ways to add value to our customer experience and prioritizing our guests needs as this is our every day business goals
- A self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
- Enjoy working a flexible roster including shift work, mornings, afternoons/evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Able to work shift work where the rostered shift times are;
- 07:30-15:30 | 15:30-23:30 | 11:00-19:00 | 16:00 – 21:00 for Front Office
- Your true passion is hotels, where you would have worked before in either a 4/5 star establishment with either Opera or Fidelio being your rock;
- Warm, friendly, engaging & positive personality
- Superb organisational skills & attention to detail
- Exemplary communication & interpersonal skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multi task in a busy environment
- Ability to work autonomously & as part of a cohesive team
- Efficient, reliable, takes initiative & displays strong problem solving skills
- Experience with property management systems & point of sale is desirable.
- Be impeccably groomed with a smile that lights up the room!
- Hold a current RSA and First Aid Certificate is preferred
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.