Kennigo Hotel Brisbane – Room Attendant
About the business
Kennigo Hotel Brisbane is nestled in the leafy streets of Spring Hill, just a stone’s throw from the Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley Nightlife District, Kennigo Hotel Brisbane offers a truly remarkable place in time. It’s the perfect balance of understated elegance and cosmopolitan flair, and you’ll fit right in.
Kennigo Hotel is part of EVT, Australia’s premier entertainment, hospitality and leisure company. We are a proud Australian company with over 100 years of operation within the Entertainment and Hospitality sectors in Australia and New Zealand. With more than 70 hotels, 150 cinemas, and 8000 staff, EVT includes brands such as EVENT Cinemas, BCC Cinemas, Rydges Hotels & Resorts, QT Hotels & Resorts, The State Theatre, Thredbo Alpine Resort, Atura Hotels and Edge Digital Technology.
About the role
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor on duty, the role of a room attendant is to make guests feel like they never want to leave as they get a full service of their room everyday with a happy smile. If you have attention to detail and want to offer nothing but the best service, in a fun and fast environment, get in touch with us today.
We are seeking experienced Housekeeping Room Attendants who are energetic and passionate about ensuring we provide a great service to our guest. This role is responsible for ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of our guest rooms including, though not limited to, bed linen, bathrooms, dusting, mini-bar fridges, and flooring.
- Clean guest rooms to the hotel’s high standards within the allocated time
- Ensure all rooms are fully stocked with guest amenities
- Ensure towels and linen are refilled, replaced and stored correctly
- Report any maintenance items requiring attention
- Report any lost property following correct hotel procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly.
- Use appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes ensuring safe work practices are maintained.
- Ensure all WH&S policies and procedures are followed.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A passion for guest experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Clear communication skills.
- Enjoy working with a diverse team.
- Effective time management skills and able to manage competing priorities.
- Report any incidents, complaints, suspicious persons or safety hazards to the Executive Housekeeper immediately.
- Experience in similar roles will be strongly regarded. but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Weekends are a MUST!! work across a 7-day roster, weekends and public holidays.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.