LyLo Auckland – Duty Manager (Miss Lucy’s Bar)
About the business
LyLo is part of EVT, an Australia’s premier entertainment, hospitality and leisure company. We are a proud Australian company with over 100 years of operation within the Entertainment and Hospitality sectors in Australia and New Zealand. With more than 70 hotels, 150 cinemas, and 8000 staff, EVT includes brands such as EVENT Cinemas, BCC Cinemas, Rydges Hotels & Resorts, QT Hotels & Resorts, The State Theatre, Thredbo Alpine Resort, Atura Hotels and Edge Digital Technology.
About the role
LyLo is a brand new look and feel hotel in the heart of Auckland City. Our next generation hotel features a new and unique pod design, ensuite rooms, double rooms (with shared facilities), communal kitchen, Miss Lucy’s bar and restaurant, as well as co-working and co-living spaces. This state-of-the-art property is the largest of it’s kind in New Zealand and an example of where the brand is heading.
You’ll join a wider, inspired team who aim to deliver the ultimate customer experience. We believe that anything is possible, whilst having fun along the way!
- Assist with building a highly engaged and driven Food and Beverage Team
- Coordinate operational requirements of Food and Beverage services
- Ensure control systems are in place for stock control, inventory management, stock requisition and expenditure
- Ensure physical presentation of Food and Beverage area is on brand
- Ensure adherence with all COVID Safe, WHS procedures, hygienic food handling and RSA practices
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent knowledge in safe Food and Beverage handling practices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge in health and safety processes and procedures as they relate to position responsibilities
- At least 1 year experience as a Food and Beverage Supervisor/ Duty Manager
- General Managers Certificate
- Attention to detail
- Experience in hospitality, travel or tourism
- A willing team player to help out across teams
- A hands on and can do “lets have some fun” ethos
So if you tick the above boxes and you enjoy being part of a winning team then get cracking and apply. For the right person this is an opportunity that could seriously advance their career with a company who gives back to those who put in.
Please apply online by providing a covering letter and CV.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.