LyLo Auckland – Guest Services
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Whatever your vibe, LyLo is a place to make your own – and to help you make the most of wherever you are and wherever you’re going. We’ve got meticulously designed spaces for every kind of traveller. And we’ve fitted and kitted them all out – from the pods to the private double rooms to the kitchens, bathrooms to common areas (and the bars of course) – with meticulously designed finishes and all the mod cons you’d expect… and a few more.
About the role
Key Responsibilities :
- Organising and managing daily activities and social gatherings for hostel guests
- Creatively plan and execute events and activities that are engaging
- Coordinate logistics, such as venues, places, equipment and supplies necessary to run activities
- Communicating with hostel guests and staff to ensure a positive experience
- Maintain accurate and organised records of activity feedback
- Evaluate the success of activities and use feedback to improve future activities
- Collaborate with other staff and outside organisations to plan and deliver activities
- Ability to keep track of expenses for events and activities
- Ensuring safety measure are in place for all activities
- To represent Lylo and adopt the Lylo way, offering the big warm Lylo welcome making guests feel welcome to join any activity
- To offer efficient and above and beyond service to our guests
- To predict, plan and resolve any mishaps our guests may have during activities
- Have a proactive mind-set in order to achieve Lylo goals
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Flexibility to work a variety of times dependant on activities
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in planning activities
- Hold a current first aid certificate