LyLo Auckland – Maintenance Handyperson
About the business
This is an opportunity to maintain a brand new, super cool property in the Auckland CBD. Our guests love it and we need someone to keep it functioning at its best. If you take pride in co-ordinating an effective maintenance service and ensuring all building, surrounds, plant, machinery and equipment are operating efficiently, with all legal requirements met, we want to talk to you!
LyLo is a brand new look and feel hotel in the heart of Auckland City. Our next generation hotel features a new and unique pod design, ensuite rooms, double rooms (with shared facilities), communal kitchen, Miss Lucy’s bar and restaurant, as well as co-working and co-living spaces. This state-of-the-art property is the largest of it’s kind in New Zealand and an example of where the brand is heading.
You’ll join a wider, inspired team who aim to deliver the ultimate customer experience. We believe that anything is possible, whilst having fun along the way!
About the role
- To co-ordinate an effective maintenance service to all departments.
- Ensure the building and surrounds, plant, machinery and equipment is maintained and operates at the most efficient and productive method possible.
- Control expenditure according to the budget.
- Ensure all legal requirements and regulations are met relating to those areas outlined in this job description.
- Prepare annual engineering budget, broken down into these sections:
- salaries and wages
- contract maintenance
- property maintenance
- electricity / water consumption / sundry / fuel oil / gas
- Financial statistics / results relating to the maintenance operations, ie, water / electricity / gas / bulbs etc are measured with a view to reducing any wastage.
- Purchase equipment and select contractors which meet quality standards and comply with budget guidelines following approval
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on expenditure of capital, repairs and maintenance budgets.
- Tariff rates should be reviewed annually to monitor for variations in rates / measurement methods by the utility supplier.
- Check and approve all accounts relative to repair / maintenance expenditure.
- Maintenance of guest rooms, furnishings, fixtures, equipment and air conditioning.
- Provide a fast and efficient service for departmental maintenance requests.
- Co-ordinate special projects with a view to minimising customer inconvenience.
- Attend meetings relative to service issues and address issues with a view to service improvement and long term resolution.
Personnel & Training:
- To utilise maintenance personnel effectively in relation to training and career development.
- To develop and implement relevant training for trouble–shooting procedures for both maintenance and hotel duty personnel.
- Through participation, departmentally and interdepartmentally drive our service program to improve processes / profitability and employee relationships.
- Attend daily briefings / departmental committee meetings and disseminate information to department.
- Maintenance program documented and operative.
- Electricity – panels and circuit breakers property labelled hydraulic – panels and valves marked and tagged.
- Liaise with and supervise all work carried out by contractors.
Products and Services:
- Regulatory compliance eg. fire code, elevator certification, water treatment, trash removal, fire control equipment etc.
- Security and controls with regard to keys, lock maintenance, tools are maintained and improved where possible.
- All emergency procedures in cases of fire, evacuation are in place and relevant staff trained accordingly.
- Maintain stocks of high risk spares to minimise down-time of equipment.
- Purchase order need to be approved by General Manager prior to purchase.
- Three quotes need to accompany purchase order however in exceptional circumstance General Manager may overrule need for quotes. Please refer to Hotel Purchasing Policy.
- Hotel experience will be looked upon favourably as will a bit of quirk, creativity and playfulness
- Before applying for the role ensure you have an understanding of what Hospitality means to you
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
To apply for this job please click the apply button up the top. Only applicants with the right to work in NZ will be considered.