Powerhouse Tamworth by Rydges – Chef / Cook
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Powerhouse Tamworth by Rydges
Want to join a team with a sense of history, a penchant for sustainability and a side of country? The Powerhouse Hotel Tamworth by Rydges, a 5-star hotel, is the perfect place to be, with beautiful blend of contemporary design and enveloping coziness, alongside a local-inspired restaurant and bar. We can’t wait to hear from you.
About the role
Casual Chef/Cook – The Workshop Kitchen, Tamworth
A wonderful opportunity exists for a casual professional Chef/Cook at The Workshop Kitchen in the beautiful New England region of NSW.
The Workshop Kitchen is an iconic restaurant at the 5-star Powerhouse Hotel Tamworth by Rydges & is renowned for its wood-fired grill, stand out local Jack’s Creek Beef steaks (Winner of World’s Best Steak in 2021) & Three Glass rated wine list in Australia’s 2023 Wine List of the Year awards. Serving contemporary Australian cuisine with a focus on using fresh, local produce, The Workshop Kitchen is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner daily.
Join a great team with supportive leadership at Tamworth’s premium dining establishment & extend your current passion & knowledge of the food & hospitality industry. You’ll enjoy using great produce from the region & cooking with wood ovens & grills.
This role includes a 5-day week flexible roster including weekends & previous experience is a must. Immediate start is available for successful candidate.
This position provides the perfect opportunity for a ‘tree change’ to the beautiful North West region, while working in a professional & stimulating environment. There’s never been a better time to make the move!
- Monitor quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discuss food preparation issues with other chefs and kitchen staff
- Demonstrate sound cooking techniques
- Have a can do attitude and ability to work as a team
- Preparing and cooking food across all sections within the kitchen
- Upholding and enforcing company hygiene regulations
- Freezing and preserving food and rotating stock
- Organising and maintaining dry store including ordering
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience in a similar position
- Excellent cooking skills & a positive dedicated foodie
- Motivated, enthusiastic & creative
- Reliable with a strong work ethic
- Excellent organisation skills & attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team & communicate well
- Food safety and WH&S compliance
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.