Powerhouse Tamworth by Rydges – Guest Service Agent
About the business
The Powerhouse Tamworth is the region’s landmark property, recently undergoing a multi-million dollar redevelopment that delivers a 5 star guest experience. The hotel comprises 61 5 star rooms & 20 serviced apartments, The Workshop Kitchen restaurant, Coal Bunker Bar & several boutique rooms for meetings & events. The hotel was recently listed in the Weekend Australian magazine’s ‘Australia’s Hot 20 Places to Stay’ feature.
About the role
The Powerhouse Hotel Tamworth by Rydges is seeking a highly motivated & enthusiastic hospitality professional to become a Guest Services Agent within our hotel reception team..
This role offers an immediate start to the successful candidate on a casual basis, transitioning into a full time role on the completion of a training period. Experience in a similar position would be advantageous, however training will be provided. You must be able to work a 7-day rotating roster which can include mornings, evenings, weekends & public holidays in the exciting 24/7 hospitality industry.
- Become a “Daymaker” for guests
- Display a strong commitment to the highest level of customer service
- Receiving & processing reservations
- Checking in/out guests
- Meeting/greeting all guests & answering the telephone
- Offering & promoting products/services to guests/potential guests
- Attending to guest requests
- Providing back-up support to other departments as required
- Undertaking general clerical & administrative duties.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Warm, friendly, engaging & positive personality
- Superb organizational skills & attention to detail
- Exemplary communication & interpersonal skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multi task in a busy environment
- Ability to work autonomously & as part of a cohesive team
- Efficient, reliable, takes initiative & displays strong problem solving skills
- Experience with property management systems & point of sale is desirable.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/