QT Auckland – Assistant Night Manager
About the business
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Queenstown to Sydney to Perth and each is unique, just like our people.
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honour.
Join our team right in the beating heart of New Zealand’s harbour city. QT Auckland sits pretty waterside, bringing signature QT quirky luxury to the bustling Viaduct Harbour location. Auckland was the third QT to join the brand in New Zealand, joining the much-loved QT Wellington and QT Queenstown. The vibrant hotel features a signature dining concept by the internationally-renowned chef Sean Connolly, rooftop bar with sweeping water views, and high-tech conferencing and event spaces. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze.
About the role
Reporting to our Night Manager, our Assistant Night Manager will assist in performing daily audit duties, auditing the current day trading transactions and ensure that they are properly balanced and posted. They will also perform the role of Manager on Duty in the absence of the Night Manager and prepare daily financial reporting.
- Attend to guest requests in a timely and efficient manner including but not limited to: reservations, maintenance and housekeeping requests.
- Monitor hotel security, leading the response to any emergency situations.
- Perform the role of Manager on Duty and oversee all night staff.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of a high level of customer service that exceeds guest expectations.
- Ensuring health, safety and well-being of all guests whilst on duty.
- Prepare financial reporting for Financial Controller and Hotel Management.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- Must have a current General Managers Licence.
- Proven experience in a similar role in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Working knowledge of Opera PMS.
- A passion for creating memorable guest experiences!
- High level of organisational and leadership skills.
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence is essential.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/