QT Auckland – Rooftop Chef
About QT Hotels & Resorts
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Queenstown to Sydney to Perth and each is unique, just like our people.
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honour.
About QT Auckland
Join our team right in the beating heart of New Zealand’s harbour city. QT Auckland sits pretty waterside, bringing signature QT quirky luxury to the bustling Viaduct Harbour location. Auckland is the third QT to join the brand in New Zealand, joining the much-loved QT Wellington and QT Queenstown. The vibrant hotel will feature a signature dining concept by the internationally-renowned chef Sean Connolly, rooftop bar with sweeping water views, and high-tech conferencing and event spaces. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze.
About the role
- Assists with the organization of kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Complies and follows all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards are met.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operating hours.
- Complies with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Works with Chef to meet all Conferencing standards in the kitchen.
- Works with Chef ensuring sections are cleaned and sanitized after each service.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- A positive and motivated attitude.
- Professional, friendly & polite communication with guests.
- Proven track record.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.