QT Auckland – Commis Chef
About QT Hotels & Resorts
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Queenstown to Sydney to Perth and each is unique, just like our people.
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honour.
About QT Auckland
Join our team right in the beating heart of New Zealand’s harbour city. QT Auckland sits pretty waterside, bringing signature QT quirky luxury to the bustling Viaduct Harbour location. Auckland is the third QT to join the brand in New Zealand, joining the much-loved QT Wellington and QT Queenstown. The vibrant hotel will feature a signature dining concept by the internationally-renowned chef Sean Connolly, rooftop bar with sweeping water views, and high-tech conferencing and event spaces. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze.
Are you a student looking for part time work while you study? We have roles available!
Reporting to our Executive Chef, QT Auckland now has multiple roles available within our exciting Auckland restaurant. Roles include: Kitchen Hand, Commis Chef and Chef de Partie.
- Assists with the organization of kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Complies and follows all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards are met.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operating hours.
- Complies with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Works with Chef to meet all Conferencing standards in the kitchen.
- Works with Chef ensuring sections are cleaned and sanitized after each service.
Skills & Experience
- A positive and motivated attitude.
- Professional, friendly & polite communication with guests.
- Proven track record.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work.
Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. But people are what make QT. One. By. One. Are you? One, I mean? Let’s find out…
- Renowned for excellence in guest experiences, design and fine dining
- An ideas-driven, ever-evolving and rapidly expanding company
- We’re connected to our local creative and culinary communities
- Career growth through our Event Entertainment & Hospitality network
- Discounted movies at Event Cinemas & hefty accommodation savings
- Central location, close to shops, entertainment and all public transport
Please apply by uploading a cover letter and resume.
All applicants must have a current valid work permit.
We’ll be getting in touch with candidates as they come in, so don’t wait to apply!