QT Auckland – Porter / Valet / Concierge
About the business
Excuse me… yes, you. Welcome to QT. Our hotels and resorts stretch from Queenstown to Sydney to Perth and each is unique, just like our people.Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. Together, we create a place of quirky luxury, where service is an art and an honour.
Join our team right in the beating heart of New Zealand’s harbour city. QT Auckland sits pretty waterside, bringing signature QT quirky luxury to the bustling Viaduct Harbour location. Auckland is the third QT to join the brand in New Zealand, joining the much-loved QT Wellington and QT Queenstown. The vibrant hotel will feature a signature dining concept by the internationally-renowned chef Sean Connolly, rooftop bar with sweeping water views, and high-tech conferencing and event spaces. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze.
About the role
Reporting to our Front Office Manager, our Porter Team are a key part to our guest experience. The team will assist with luggage, Valet as well as attending to any special requests or particular guest needs.
- Ensure that all Hotel guests’ luggage, messages, and special requests are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure that the Hotel foyer and entrance are kept impeccably clean and tidy.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel’s facilities and services in order to answer any queries from Hotel guests.
- Make sure that every hotel guest is given a warm salutation as they enter and depart from the hotel.
- Perform Valet Parking duties.
- Extend all your local Auckland knowledge to our guests and show them the way!
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- A full New Zealand driver licence with the ability to drive manual and automatic vehicles is essential.
- A passion for creating memorable guest experiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of manual handling techniques and an ability to execute these.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.