QT Canberra – Conference & Event Coordinator
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Canberra
Extraordinary? We had a feeling about you. Smack in the middle of capital action, QT Canberra is granting permission to pursue your passions. With rooms and venues full of design-led details, and divine dining at Capitol Bar & Grill, there are countless areas to explore and connections to make.
About the role
The Conference & Event Coordinator challenges our expectations and brings new and exciting ideas to create exceptional guest experiences across our amazing spaces.
Some duties include:
- Coordinating details with clients across a range of events from parties, meetings, major conferences and gala dinners
- Finalising details with event suppliers such as AV and event styling
- Managing client payments and invoicing
- Assisting the sales team to answer incoming calls and deliver our signature service
- In person meetings with clients
- Delivering accurate information to our operational teams to ensure events are delivered in spectacular style
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- The ability to work under pressure in one of Canberra’s busiest venues
- Passion for excellence
- Excellent presentation and exceptional communication skills
- Team player
- Prior experience with Ivvy will be highly regarded