QT Canberra – Food & Beverage Supervisor
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
QT Canberra has an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic, motivated and independent Food & Beverage superstars that are looking to step up and take on a leadership role.
- Running the day to day operations of Capitol Bar and Grill
- Assisting the Restaurant Manager in any other restaurant or bar task requested
- Responsible for implementing Hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the team has good knowledge of the menu and products, recommending and up selling.
- Complain handling and efficient resolving.
- Maintain an excellent guest experience at all times by ensuring all guests expectations are exceeded.
- Lead, mentor and train the food & beverage team, to provide a fun and energetic working environment.
- Ensure cleaning and maintenance of outlets
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Have an absolute “can do” attitude.
- You will ideally have previous experience in a similar role .
- Previous experience within a hotel environment is preferred but not essential.
- Flexibility to work different hours
- Commitment to deliver exceptional customer service
- Strong leadership and efficient management, organizational skills
- Excellent communication
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.