QT Canberra – General Manager
We are on the hunt for a talented, vibrant and dynamic QT Canberra General Manager, that will bring individuality, creativity and passion into turning the ordinary into extraordinary.
With a focus on art and design, QT Hotels & Resorts offer a personalised guest experience, unforgettable dining and a signature touch of quirk. One of Australasia’s most loved and dynamic hotel brands, the group includes QT Canberra, QT Sydney, QT Bondi, QT Gold Coast, QT Melbourne, QT Perth, QT Newcastle, QT Wellington, QT Queenstown and QT Auckland.
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury.
QT Hotels & Resorts is part of EVT, one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic.
About QT Canberra
In the heart of New Acton, designer chic surroundings meet an elegant portfolio of detail to delight every sense. This is a forum where work and play find perfect accord, and even our most seasoned guest can be genuinely surprised. Join us at QT Canberra for a glamourous hotel, restaurant and nightlife experience that still gets up bright and early.
About the role
As the ideal candidate for this role, you exude the QT Life. You celebrate individuality, thrive on the unexpected and never settle for ordinary. QT will become part of your DNA as you immerse yourself into our culture, while ensuring everything you do and deliver is ‘QT’.
The General Manager is the chief host, brand ambassador, experience-creator, salesperson and welcomer. They achieve this by being present, visible, approachable and receptive at all times, but particularly by ensuring the smooth running of the hotel during peak periods and whenever they can make a positive impact on their guests, community and team. Some duties include:
- Manage and oversee all facets of the hotel, including Front office, Food & Beverage, Maintenance, Housekeeping & Revenue management
- Build a highly engaged and driven culture with a focus on engagement, performance identification, development and retention of high potential team members.
- Promote, encourage and experiment with new and improved revenue generating or cost saving projects and initiatives.
- Proactively grow and maintain strong networks, relationships and communications with customers, suppliers, team members, the local community and the EVT Group.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – QT, Rydges, Atura, Lylo and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Strategic focus on sustainable design, sustainable practices & procurement and transparency and reporting.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a General Manager role in a designer/lifestyle hotel.
- A strong understanding of rooms division and revenue management
- Confidence in your capability to build strong relationships, effectively resolve difficult situations and implement solutions that improve the service levels and financial results of the business
- Comprehension of the key metrics that impact and grow hospitality businesses, using this knowledge to drive top line revenue and motivating your team to do the same
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/