Engineering & Facilities Management | Listed 02 March
QT Canberra – Handyperson
The Handy Person is responsible for assisting the Engineering Team in providing an effective maintenance service to all departments in the Hotel. This is in conjunction with follow-through of the hotel Work Request management system myBuildings.
- To assist the engineering team in providing an effective maintenance service to all departments. This includes hands-on work as well as delegating tasks to contractors and other maintenance staff (when applicable)
- In conjunction with the above, ensure all Work Requests (internal and allocated to contractors) are raised via myBuildings and procedures are followed
- To assist the engineering team in ensuring the building and surrounds, plant, machinery and equipment is maintained and operates at the most efficient and productive level possible following all OH&S and AU standards
- Respond to and carry out all inter departmental or guest requests concerning defects, repairs and / or general assistance. When defects or repairs are outside your capabilities, communicate directly with the appropriate trades person / contractor in the absence of the Maintenance Manager.
- To assist in identifying areas of improvement within the hotel, and to carry out preventative maintenance plans that are put in place
- Render assistance when needed to other departments or their representatives.
- To supervise (when required) maintenance contractors engaged via myBuildings and ensure works are carried out to the highest standard possible while maintaining a safe environment for all stakeholders and property
- You may be required to work flexible hours including weekends, Public holidays depending on the property’s needs
- Follow security and controls processes with regard to hard keys and card assess management
- Ensure hotel grooming standards are met with respect to being presentable at all times
- Occasionally perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager and / or General Manager
Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Plant rooms, store rooms, risers, switch rooms to be kept free of hazards
- Ensure paths of egress, fire and exit doors, emergency exists are kept clear at all times
- Workshop kept clean and tidy
- Proactively provide feedback to the Maintenance Manager in all areas in order to lower associated risk where possible
- Regularly check and inspect tools in order to ensure a safe work environment at all times
- All Work Requests/Purchase Orders to be approved by the Maintenance Manager via myBuildings prior to purchase of any materials / engagement of any contractors