QT Gold Coast – Assistant Housekeeping Manager
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
Your day-to-day duties will look like;
- Assisting the Executive Housekeeper in the day to day operations and running of the department
- Performing all duties & responsibilities in the absence of the Exec. Housekeeper
- Undertaking daily room inspections on Room Attendants & Supervisors, ensuring high standards are maintained with exceptional attention to detail
- Attending to data Input & administration requirements
- Supervising, train , motivate & support Exec & Team Members, including managing under performers
- Rostering to occupancy & budgetary requirements
- Assisting in payroll requirements
- Ensuring that rooms & hotel guest areas are of a 5 star standard
- Knowing and adhering to WHS requirements and best practice procedures
- Liaising efficiently with all other departments
- Promoting the venue and events through daily briefings to enhance staff knowledge and commitment
- Professionally deal with feedback from Hotel Management and Guests
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior supervisory role, within a 4.5 – 5 star property of 300 + rooms
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Opera an advantage
- Strong leadership and organisational skills solid commitment to providing and promoting excellent customer service
- Flexibility to work across a 7 day rotating roster
In return for your commitment, you will be provided with a competitive salary package and an opportunity to grow your career within an expanding national company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.