QT Gold Coast – Chief Kitchen Steward
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role
QT Gold Coast, from the designer hotel group QT Hotels and Resorts is hunting for a talented and passionate industry professional to join our kitchen team.
Looking for a Chief Steward with experience in commercial cleaning and managing large Hotel. We will be getting HACCP accreditation in the next few months, experience will be an advantage. This will be a hands-on role with you leading the team by example. You will be in charge of rostering, making sure all kitchens are covered day and night. All paperwork to maintain our HACCP accreditation, training of all new stewards on how to clean and maintain all kitchen equipment.
We are after a fun loving, dedicated professional who would embrace the opportunity to work for Australia’s leading designer hotel brand.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team, providing guidance and support.
- Strong organisational skills for efficient task coordination.
- Meticulousness in maintaining cleanliness and quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with colleagues.
- Proficiency in identifying and resolving issues in the stewarding department.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience in training and developing stewarding staff.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and food handling practices.
- Familiarity with inventory control systems and procedures.
- Willingness to collaborate and contribute to a positive team environment.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.