QT Gold Coast – Conference & Events Manager
About the business
Passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
The beachside destination everyone’s waking up to. QT Gold Coast is your glowing ticket to the epicentre of a cultural gold rush, taking a cool left-hander to stardom by way of music, fashion, food and art done the easy way.
About QT Gold Coast
Designer luxe and coastal cool collide in QT Gold Coast’s five-star reimagining. The design-led hotel has recently unveiled the ultimate designer playground for conference and events. The extensive renovation has transformed the accommodation, conferencing, events and food and beverage experiences. An escape to playful sophistication whilst QT’s stands as an industry leader in design-led accommodation and event spaces.
About the role
- Oversee the planning and delivery of the ultimate event experience for all QT Gold Coast events.
- Manage and lead an incredible team of Conference & Event executives.
- Manage all event financials and to ensure they are 100% accurate and are allocated to the correct revenue management.
- Conduct menu tastings when required.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude by building and maintaining strong working relationships and communication with all internal and external Stakeholders.
- Conduct site inspections with confirmed clients within pipeline.
- Ensure all client event details are entered into event software – Ivvy, with detailed and accurate information.
- Prepare final event orders to be distributed amongst required internal stakeholders
- A strong understanding of operational aspects of Event Management.
- Develop a strong working relationship with your colleagues in Sales, Operations, Food & Beverage and Hotel Reservations.
- Have a thorough understanding of all targets/budgets for C&E and maintain required budget targets.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a similar role as an Event Manager
- Strong time management & organisational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, whilst working to tight deadlines
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Knowledge of full suite of Microsoft Office, Ivvy & Opera an advantage
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.