QT Gold Coast – Hotel Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Gold Coast
Seeking sunshine in human form. Unleash your hospitality on QT Gold Coast’s chic beachside scene. Reimagined with refreshed guest rooms and qtQT cabins, plus signature dining at The Spring, Bazaar, Stingray Lounge, Yamagen and more – chase endless opportunities in our sprawling designer playground.
About the role
The Hotel Manager is a brand ambassador, experience-creator, salesperson and welcomer. They achieve this by being present, visible, approachable and receptive at all times, but particularly by assisting in the management of all aspects of the total operations of the hotel including food and beverage, rooms, repairs and maintenance and people and culture. Some duties include:
- Lead and inspire a highly engaged and driven culture with a focus on engagement, performance identification, development and retention of high potential team members.
- Promote, encourage and experiment with new and improved revenue generating or cost saving projects and initiatives.
- Proactively grow and maintain strong networks, relationships and communications with customers, suppliers, team members, the local community and the EVT Group.
- Assist the General Manager to manage the team to enhance performance and achieve business goals, financial budgets and service standards.
- Manage, monitor and continually improve service and operational systems to grow revenue, maximise asset performance and promote business transformation.
- Assist the General Manager in the development of the hotel’s annual business plan and budget and manage the operations within budgetary guidelines.
- Be onsite to manage special events or VIP guests as required.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a Hotel Manager / EAM role in a designer/lifestyle hotel.
- A strong understanding of rooms division and revenue management
- Confidence in your capability to build strong relationships, effectively resolve difficult situations and implement solutions that improve the service levels and financial results of the business
- Comprehension of the key metrics that impact and grow hospitality businesses, using this knowledge to drive top line revenue and motivating your team to do the same.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/