QT Gold Coast – Night Auditor
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Gold Coast
Seeking sunshine in human form. Unleash your hospitality on QT Gold Coast’s chic beachside scene. Reimagined with refreshed guest rooms and qtQT cabins, plus signature dining at The Spring, Bazaar, Stingray Lounge, Yamagen and more – chase endless opportunities in our sprawling designer playground.
About the role
This position is ideal for an experienced Night Auditor or Guest Service Agent. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will co-ordinate and oversee the running of the hotel in the absence of executive management with particular emphasis night and day operations of the hotel, including hotel security and the auditing process, this is a part-time position of 4 nights per week.
- To audit the current day trading transactions and ensure that they are properly balanced and posted.
- To ensure that all accounting functions have been completed in accordance with standard Hotel policy and procedure.
- Ensure a clear and comprehensive hand over occurs with the Duty Manager and that anything handed over will be followed up.
- Assist other staff when required.
- Ensuring that all cashiering policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to accurately identify any discrepancies which exists between revenue and payments
- Confident to complete the night audit report thoroughly and accurately
- Ensure that all of the day’s posting are correctly entered
- Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all guests during your shift
- Monitoring hotel security overnight
- Managing the night audit process including correctly posting all hotel’s revenue for the day, accurately identifying discrepancies, and producing a complete night audit report thoroughly and accurately.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A strong work ethic
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of Front Office / Night Audit / Reservations shifts along with Front Office systems. (Opera knowledge is an advantage)
- Impeccable grooming and attention to detail.
- Flexible to work a rotating roster including nights & weekends
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to multitask.
- Excellent communication, both written & verbal.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.