Housekeeping | Listed 03 May
QT Melbourne – Assistant Executive Housekeeper
About the business
QT Melbourne is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD and only a short stroll to the exclusive Collins Street shopping precinct, QT Melbourne brings a chic new designer landmark to the city’s cultural heartland with distinctly creative edge through its 188 rooms and exciting dining and bar experiences.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Manages and directs all aspects of the operational Housekeeping Department in association with outsourcing housekeeping company.
- Maintains an acceptable standard of room presentation ad cleanliness of all public areas at all times.
- Establishes effective control over stock costs and levels, completing stock takes at the end of each month.
- Carries out Supervisor room checks at random.
- Monitors rooms for pest control, carpet and curtain cleaning.
- Creates a congenial work environment for all team members and ensures morale is kept high.
- Liaises closely with all departments especially Front Office to establish good communication and working relationships.
- Ensures that good standards are maintained and that personal appearances are all to the highest standard.
- Reports any potential health and safety hazards to the Health and Safety Officer or Manager on Duty.
- Ensures all employees are following hotel policies and rules and are familiar with the team handbook.
- Attends regular Department Head Meetings.
- Holds monthly departmental communication, training and information meetings.
- Greets our guests in a polite and courteous manner being careful not to confuse the difference between friendliness and familiarity, always remaining professional whilst maintaining our guest privacy and safety.
- Carries out other duties as directed by the Executive Housekeeper & the Director of Rooms
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.