QT Melbourne – Chef
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Melbourne
Woven into the city’s fabric, QT Melbourne is at the heart of the CBD’s cultural beat. Want to come into our fold? Show us your service-minded side and help keep luxury evolving across 188 industrial inspired rooms and signature dining from laneway to rooftop. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got.
About the role
QT Melbourne is seeking a superstar chefs of various levels to join our kitchen team, working across our signature restaurant Pascale Bar & Grill as well as our Rooftop and Conferencing & Events kitchens. This is an opportunity to work in an expansive and well equipped modern kitchen, focused around our Josper oven and four point charcoal grill.
- Ensure that QT Melbourne produces a high quality food product at all times.
- Monitor food quality and quantity as it relates to portion control.
- Monitor all food storage facilities to ensure that proper storage techniques are being used and that the cleanliness standards are being maintained.
- Prepare and properly garnish all pantry items including salads, sandwiches, desserts, as well as the established menu and specialty items.
- Requisition the appropriate amount of food product in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all standard recipes are followed in all outlets
- Comply with all of the established operational policies & procedures.
- Maintain a clean & safe working environment.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrate superior recipe knowledge for every item on the menu
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S).
- Able to perform any other duties as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with other members of the service team.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.