QT Melbourne – Venue Manager (Rooftop)
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
QT Melbourne is a joy for the individual in the heart of Australia’s most creatively charged city. Our team works across different venues, with the bustling Pascale Bar & Grill, IRD and Conferencing & Events.
About the role
QT Melbourne is searching for a Venue Manager to oversee operations at Rooftop at QT. Working alongside the F&B Director, Executive Chef and Marketing team, you will be empowered to define your team culture, develop training programs, and shape the direction of an already well establish and busy rooftop bar. This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious hospitality professional that is ready to make their mark in an ever-expanding QT Hotel brand and step into the world of Luxury Lifestyle.
We have big plans lined up for 2023, so experience with project management, F&B concepting and development is a must! We are searching for the perfect individual that knows how to inspire our team and dazzle our guests. Opportunities are endless for the successful applicant. Do you have that creative spark? At QT we like to think outside the box and have an incredible marketing team to support your wildest ideas.
- Overall accountability for the people, product, service, and upkeep of their department.
- Excited to work collaboratively and creatively with the QT Melbourne team including the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Sales & Marketing – Ready to explore opportunities through research and early activations.
- Continually analyze and assess the performance of operations, working alongside your Assistant Venue Managers to formulate strategies and enact remedies as appropriate.
- Take ownership of staff recruitment, training and culture of Front of House staff, ensuring that guest expectations are exceeded at all times.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience in a Venue Manager or Senior management position.
- Ability to work a range of shifts including weekends, nights, public holidays.
- Strong written and communication skills.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.