QT Newcastle – Bar Supervisor
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Newcastle
Heritage on the harbour, QT Newcastle’s the newest QT on the block. Escape yesterday’s gravity and work amongst hospitality stars across our 104 guest rooms, Jana Restaurant & Bar and Rooftop at QT. With a breezy commute and CBD sea views, QT is calling for absolute Daymakers. How will you answer?
About The Role
QT Newcastle is seeking experienced Food and Beverage Supervisors with a passion for driving the highest of standards across multiple outlets. Being the flagship regional hotel for QT Hotels & Resorts, we are looking for fantastic floor supervisors to continue & improve on our signature QT service & experiences.
As we are a medium to small hotel consisting of 104 guest rooms and four food and beverage outlets – this role requires individuals who are operationally confident and understand a hands-on roll. Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible for efficient running of a shift, maintaining operational standards and delivering the QT signature service for each of our guests and to the local community.
- Responsible for shift operations and staff allocation.
- Monitors shift payroll and efficiencies.
- Has a strong knowledge of the local dining scene.
- Maintains stock presentation and control across various outlets.
- Handles complaints so that it leaves customers satisfied and impressed.
- Happily participates in all operations of the Restaurant, Bars and Room Service
- Constantly motivate staff and exudes positivity and passion on what we offer.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Proven previous experience in a similar role and proven leadership experience.
- Has a focus on growing and developing a team of passionate restaurant and hotel people.
- Solid beverage and food knowledge.
- Professional and personable, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
- You’re pre-equipped with sound decision making and problem-solving skills, especially under pressure.
- You will hold a current RSA.
- Must have the appropriate legal requirements to work in Australia.
- Outstanding customer service.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.