QT Newcastle – Chef de Partie
About the business
Our passion is people. Designers, housekeepers and chefs, DJ’s, engineers, porters, baristas and accountants. We’re for the passionate. The progressive. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally. When you work here, you don’t just come to work, you bring yourself to work. Of course we love great food. Natural service. Beautiful art, elegant design. Cocktails. Music. Luxury. QT is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
Join our team and be part of the hottest hotel with our first ever regional QT property. The doors flung open in June 2022, this newest kid on the block is set to transform the CBD of Newcastle. Sitting pretty within a stunning heritage building and surrounded by bars, shops, eateries and a buzzing metropolitan vibe, QT Newcastle is where city life meets coastal charm. Boasting a signature restaurant and bar, plus a spectacular Rooftop bar with breathtaking views stretching across Newcastle Harbour and the Pacific Ocean. Great public transport will make your commute a breeze.
Centrally located in the East End Village of Newcastle’s CBD, this property is owned by Iris Capital and managed under the QT Brand.
About the role
The Chef De Partie will work closely with QT Newcastle’s Executive Chef. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the entire food operations across all hotel outlets.
This role requires tenacity to constantly push the boundaries with a strategic approach, listening to the team and our guests on how we can always be better from service to efficiencies.
This role will assist in food preparation and ensuring sections are cleaned and sanitized. This individual must LOVE what they do, to cook, to lead, to clean, to learn, and to listen.
We are seeking a professional with at least a diploma equivalent Australian relevant qualification + minimum two years of experience.
- Assists and helps organise kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
- Assists in food and product ordering by keeping detailed records to minimises waste
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Complies and follows all food preparation and presentation, to ensure quality and restaurant standards are met
- Complies with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- Is flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- Three years of operational kitchen experience with a diversity of culinary experiences.
- Experienced in many the food techniques.
- The Ability to handle high stress, high pressured, situations.
- Strong personal and communication skills.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.