QT Newcastle – Events Executive
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
A collection of 10 hotels and resorts spanning Australia and New Zealand, each QT is linked by our signature service and commitment to quirk. And our people? With personalities as unique and extraordinary as each property, individuality is more than encouraged. What will you bring to the mix?
About QT Newcastle
Heritage on the harbour, QT Newcastle’s the newest QT on the block. Escape yesterday’s gravity and work amongst hospitality stars across our 104 guest rooms, Jana Restaurant & Bar and Rooftop at QT. With a breezy commute and CBD sea views, QT is calling for absolute Daymakers. How will you answer?
About the Role
The Events Executive challenges our expectations and brings new and exciting ideas to create exceptional guest experiences across our amazing spaces. Reporting to the sales manager, the events executive will coordinate, and assist facilitating operations, the end to end process of event enquiries to the delivery and follow up.
Some duties include:
- The Events Executive will also inherit and create their own client portfolio from end to end, taking the on the full sales cycle journey, penetrating their every need aligned with QT Newcastle holistic value proposition.
- Maintain detailed communication in Ivvy sales database and manage follow-up tasks. Opera would be advantageous.
- Collaborate with hotel operations, you would also assist the wider sales team with client site visits, entertainment and proactive social activities.
- Co-ordinate sales and marketing activities with direct collaboration with the Sales Manager.
- Action incoming revenue opportunities (enquiries/leads RFP’s Tenders) ensuring timely and professional delivery timelines, in collaboration with Sales Manager.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- True attitude: caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections across internal and external stakeholders.
- True confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role.
- True listening: focusing on what your stakeholders are saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs.
- True responsiveness: is about providing with what is needed and doing so in a timely and caring manner.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.